Giving Tuesday is a nationally recognized designated day for philanthropy during the holiday season. You can take part by making a contribution to the Literacy Council of Norristown’s general fund.
The Literacy Council of Norristown asks that you take a moment from the hustle and bustle of this holiday season and consider making a donation that directly supports adults in enriching their lives with the gift of improved literacy and mastery of the English language.
Click here to make your donation to LCN’s Giving Tuesday Campaign.
Please fill out the form at the bottom of this page as well.
Helping someone raise their level of English literacy can enable them to do things that native English speakers take for granted. Imagine not being able to read to your child, help with their homework, not being able to fill out an application, or understand a doctor’s instructions.
We provide books, assessment testing and tutors to work with adults on an individual basis. In order to do that, community partners are essential to keep our funding sources flowing.
Did you Know:
- low literacy adults make an average of 35% of the wage of those at the highest levels of literacy.
- 50% of U.S. adults function at or below the second of five levels of literacy. (NIFL)
- 70% of mothers on welfare fall into the lowest two levels of literacy and the literacy level of the mother is an important indicator of her child’s future literacy level
With your generous donation we can:
- tailor instruction to the individual student’s needs
- provide small group GED preparation services
- provide English classes and citizenship preparation for our growing immigrant population
즐거운 휴일,веселых праздников
The Literacy Council of Norristown (LCN) is a non-profit organization that can help adults improve their reading, writing, and math skills. We also offer help with English as a foreign language. English literacy skills are important in finding or keeping a job, helping your children with their schoolwork, or seeking further education.
We can help!
Help us help them!!